- "When the dog bites, when the bee stings, when I'm feeling sad, I simply remember my favorite things, and then I don't feeeeel, soooo bad." Can you hear Julie Andrews singing this song in your head? I can. And today, I am thankful that this little girl is going to be okay. The old, bull mastiff (not the cute little Bichon POO pictured above) was sleeping when she approached. People love their dogs. And they think their dog is safe and kind -- even protective. While that may be correct, please don't make the mistake of forgetting that dogs will be dogs. Dogs bite. Be vigilant with little people and dogs (even cute small ones). Children's faces and hands are at dog-mouth-level; children move fast, stare, eat yummy things, hit and surprise...all possible bite stimuli.
- I've written down 46 blessings on my calendar so far this year.
- I received a package from my friend at Lally Broch Farm. She just opened her first Etsy shop, where she sells soy based scent shots and homemade goat's milk soap. Everything smells wonderful! Thank you, Sonja! (Oh, and guess what...she's hosting a giveaway on her blog, link above. )
- My daughter gave me her old IPod so I could entertain myself at the gym. In the last week, I've listened to two great books: The Lantern, by Deborah Lawrenson; The Art of Falling, also by D. Lawrenson, and I'm half way through The Secret Keeper, by Kate Morton. May I just say that I had so much FUN cleaning my carpets while melting scents and listening to good books ?
- Not wanting to waste the parsley I harvested, I made some Garlic Herb butter.
and Deborah Jean's Farmgirl Friday Blog Hop