Jim and I have used the oil on our skin and in our food. We are addicted.
I have placed low, wide-mouthed jars (actually glass sugar jars sold at Walmart) in our bathrooms. These jars are used by everyone who visits our home. Almost all of our family members are also using it on their own. Recently I have heard the following reports:
RL loves it on her face. She was afraid of it causing blemishes at first. It doesn't.
JL loves it on his lips and up his nostrils. I gave him a little plastic jar about the size of a lip balm container (also sold at Walmart) to use at the office. He also took one for his bedside. He claims he uses VCO on his hair and even took off the everpresent baseball cap and had me feel for myself. Not sure if he was joking or not, but I assure everyone it is GREAT for hair.
IQ asks for it on all her boo boos. This reminds me of my childhood. My mother put Nupercanol on all my boo boos. Once, in kindergarten, I got my finger caught in a door and was wailing "I want NUPES!" The teacher had to call my brother out of his 6th grade class to ask him what nupes was. Tee Hee...Nupes was comfort!
KF puts it on chapped hands and IQ's chapped legs.
ML said it gave him energy.
MH used it on his hands because all the lotions in the house smelled "girlie." He liked it, except for the slippery palms. I showed him how to rub a paper towel between his palms to take care of this issue. You don't need to do this when putting it on before bed. Your skin will drink it in.
EN gave her little purse stash to a co-worker who burned herself with hot coffee.
I feed it to our cats, our dog, and recently used it on my chickens. It also smothered a gross parasite that was in the dog's skin - overnight!
Jim eats it every day on his toast with peanut butter. We've used it to make popcorn, brownies, corn muffins, and garlic bread. Jim and I also drink coconut milk that I buy at Sunflower Market, made by So Delicious. I prefer the unsweetened. I mix it half and half with milk for Jim.
Note: I sometimes add unflavored protein powder.
If you would like to know more...According to Bruce Fife, here are just a few things that coconut oil can prevent and treat:
- Heart disease, high blood pressure, stroke,
- Develop strong bones and teeth,
- Promote healthy weight loss,
- Kill viruses that cause mono, flu, Hep C,
- Relieve symptoms of Crohn's disease, ulcerative colitis and stomach ulcers,
- Relieve pain of hemorrhoids, protect from breast, colon and other cancers,
- Prevent periodontal disease and tooth decay
- Prevent premature aging and degenerative disease
- Relieve symptoms associated with benign prostatic hyperplasia (prostate enlargement)
- Reduce epileptic seizures
- Prevent liver disease ,
- Protect against kidney disease and bladder infections,
- Kill bacteria that cause pneumonia, earache, throat infectious, dental cavities, food poisoning, urinary tract infections, meningitis, gonorrhea, and dozens of other diseases
- Kill fungi and yeast that cause candida, jock itch, ringworm , athlete's foot, thrush, diaper rash, and other infections,
- Defend against parasites
- Reduce symptoms associated with psoriasis, eczema, and dermatitis,
- Relieve dryness and flaking,
- Prevent and heal damaging effects of UV radiation from the sun, such as wrinkles, sagging skin and age spots,
- Control dandruff
- Increase energy and metabolism
( from The Coconut Oil Miracle , by Bruce Fife, C.N., N.D)