God made coconuts for many good reasons! In a nutshell, (pun intended) coconut oil is a fantastic skin healer, protector, and rejuvenator. I have been rubbing it on my skin -- all of it -- for about 7 weeks and have found it to make skin soft and supple; it has reduced deep wrinkles and has added a youthful softness to my hair as well. If you are interested in having great, soft and healthy skin, give it a try. Put a small amount in a short, wide-mouth container and place in the bathroom. Below 76 degrees, it will be solid, like butter. Draw your fingertips across its lovely whiteness and rub into your skin. It will seem oily at first, but the skin absorbs as it actually FEEDS your skin. You can also use it as a daily, leave-in hair conditioner. Draw a very small amount through towel-dried hair; comb and finish getting ready as usual.
There are many other healthful properties if it is eaten. I would need to write a book to tell about them. So I am going to share the link to a website. It contains all of the information found in a book I've read, called The Coconut Oil Miracle, by Bruce Fife, C.N., N. D. It also contains many testimonials from other users. Here is the link : Coconut Research Center .
According to Bruce Fife, here are just a few things that coconut oil can prevent and treat: (from T.C.O. M. ,above.)
- Heart disease, high blood pressure, stroke,
- Develop strong bones and teeth,
- Promote healthy weight loss,
- Kill viruses that cause mono, flu, Hep C,
- Relieve symptoms of Crohn's disease, ulcerative colitis and stomach ulcers,
- Relieve pain of hemorrhoids, protect from breast, colon and other cancers,
- Prevent periodontal disease and tooth decay
- Prevent premature aging and degenerative disease
- Relieve symptoms associated with benign prostatic hyperplasia (prostate enlargement)
- Reduce epileptic seizures
- Prevent liver disease ,
- Protect against kidney disease and bladder infections,
- Kill bacteria that cause pneumonia, earache, throat infectious, dental cavities, food poisoning, urinary tract infections, meningitis, gonorrhea, and dozens of other diseases
- Kill fungi and yeast that cause candida, jock itch, ringworm , athlete's foot, thrush, diaper rash, and other infections,
- Defend against parasites
- Reduce symptoms associated with psoriasis, eczema, and dermatitis,
- Relieve dryness and flaking,
- Prevent and heal damaging effects of UV radiation from the sun, such as wrinkles, sagging skin and age spots,
- Control dandruff
- Increase energy and metabolism
Reading this list of the things that coconut oil can prevent and heal, my nephew, Paul, said it best. He was "trapped" at my kitchen table with my new book about coconut oil before him. With a smile on his face, he quipped:
"I'd be interested in reading a list of things it doesn't cure."
Mind you, that list is short!