We have shallow, wide-mouthed jars in our bathrooms. This way, home occupants and visitors can enjoy this wonderful treat on their skin.
When you use coconut oil, rub it in, not just on. Your skin will absorb it, and in a few minutes there will be no more greasy residue. Use it on your face. Use it to remove make-up. Use it as a rub on your feet (then put on socks) right before bed. Use it everywhere!
Here is a link to a website where you can learn more about this miracle oil: Coconut Research Center . And here is a link to the book that that got me interested: The Coconut Oil Miracle, by Bruce Fife, C.N., N. D.
According to Bruce Fife, here are just a few things that coconut oil can prevent and treat:
- "Heart disease, high blood pressure, stroke
- Develop strong bones and teeth
- Promote healthy weight loss
- Kill viruses that cause mono, flu, Hep C,
- Relieve symptoms of Crohn's disease, ulcerative colitis and stomach ulcers
- Relieve pain of hemorrhoids, protect from breast, colon and other cancers
- Prevent periodontal disease and tooth decay
- Prevent premature aging and degenerative disease
- Relieve symptoms associated with benign prostatic hyperplasia (prostate enlargement)
- Reduce epileptic seizures
- Prevent liver disease
- Protect against kidney disease and bladder infections,
- Kill bacteria that cause pneumonia, earache, throat infectious, dental cavities, food poisoning, urinary tract infections, meningitis, gonorrhea, and dozens of other diseases
- Kill fungi and yeast that cause candida, jock itch, ringworm , athlete's foot, thrush, diaper rash, and other infections
- Defend against parasites
- Reduce symptoms associated with psoriasis, eczema, and dermatitis
- Relieve dryness and flaking
- Prevent and heal damaging effects of UV radiation from the sun, such as wrinkles, sagging skin and age spots
- Control dandruff
- Increase energy and metabolism"
(~excerpt from The Coconut Oil Miracle)
- For a wealth of information about the many uses of coconut oil, click here: mercola.com
Nesting Place: It doesn't have to be perfect to be beautiful.
or here: Why 31 days?
Many Blessings to you.
Sharing with Deborah Jean's Farmgirl Friday Blog Hop