I followed the linking trail back to my benefactor -- the delightful and gracious author of: Green Eggs and Goats. (Thanks Heather.)
I did some research. Apparently the award origins go back several years to a German blogger who sought to build the readership of, and relationships among, other bloggers. In other words: You win a Liebster award if you are small. It is to help others find you.
“Mad Hatter: Would you like a little more tea?
Alice: Well, I haven't had any yet, so I can't very well take more.
March Hare: Ah, you mean you can't very well take less.
Mad Hatter: Yes. You can always take more than nothing.”
"That depends a good deal on where you want to get to," said the Cat.
"I don’t much care where--" said Alice.
"Then it doesn’t matter which way you go," said the Cat.
"--so long as I get SOMEWHERE," Alice added as an explanation.
"Oh, you’re sure to do that," said the Cat, "if you only walk long enough.”
But you don't get to just BE an award recipient, you have to perform, because you must post 11 random facts about yourself:
“No wise fish would go anywhere without a porpoise.”
- I have chandelier crystals hanging here and there in my backyard, and as a result, dancing rainbows appear inside and outside our home at different times of the day.
- My first pet was a chameleon that I named Greeny-Browny.
- I made lemon balm tea last week.
- The color "Christmas Red" bugs me. I like Barn Red, though.
- I am currently wondering who is going to bother to read these random facts.
- The first college I attended was in Wyoming; I wasn't sure where Wyoming was. I was 17. Enough said.
- I like stirring compost.
- I'm getting sick of the word I.
- I watched the 2012 version of the Les Miserables musical 3 times in the past 3 days. I think I'll watch it again tonight.
- I also think I will look for a version of Alice in Wonderland on Netflix.
- I just learned how to spell Netflix; my spellchecker already knew.
I've never liked games much, but we had an awesome chess set. The base of each piece had spheres-within-spheres of intricately carved ivory. My father taught me to play. It is one of a very few memories of him.
Do you feel like you have a calling in life?
What is your favorite color?
What is your favorite movie of all time?
If you could go to any live concert, who would you go see?
May I wear jeans?
Power is dangerous!
Describe a pivotal moment in your life.
The moment my first child was born, I knew what I wanted to do.
When was the last time you went on vacation, and where did you go?
A few years ago, Jim and I spent every other weekend at my parents' cabin in the forest on the Mogollon rim. Then it sold.
Okay, that's it for the acceptance speech.
I'm giving the award to the list of bloggers below, not because they are small, but because I like them and would like to learn their answers to my 11 questions. Note to these bloggers: You are NOT required to follow these rules, or even accept the award. Believe me, I know what a rabbit hole this can become. But if you accept, here are my questions:
- Do you feel that you are a different age on the inside than your chronological age?
- What are some thoughts that make you really happy?
- How do you like your steak cooked?
- Do you have a pet peeve?
- If you had to choose another country in which to live, where would that be?
- What’s the best decision you ever made?
- If you were an animal, what would you be and why?
- Do you think people can control their own destiny?
- What’s something you wish everyone knew about you?
- If you made a movie about your life, who would you choose to play you?
- What are some of the first things you do in the morning?
if I like being that person, I'll come up: if not, I'll stay down here
till I'm somebody else"--but, oh dear!' cried Alice, with a sudden burst
of tears, 'I do wish they WOULD put their heads down! I am so VERY tired
of being all alone here!” ~L.C.